The Coalition to Reimagine the Teaching Role works to create the conditions where all K-12 educators thrive in collaborative and sustainable roles, so that all students realize their unique potential.
Build a sense of possibility
- Document exemplars that show and tell compelling stories of a restructured teaching role looks like for, and how it benefits, students, families and educators.
- Refine and share a compelling and authentic narrative for restructuring teaching roles, shaping thought-leader dialogue and local change efforts.
Advance policy and bargained conditions
- Facilitate development of an actionable database of example policy and CBA language that create favorable conditions for restructuring teaching roles.
- Enable coordinated efforts among advocates to pursue specific policy priorities in target states.
Strengthen and focus the field
- Create and share a synthesis of research on what actions leaders can take to redesign teaching roles and improve retention, recruitment and student outcomes.
- Develop clear, shared metrics for assessing the impact of redesign efforts.
- Foster strategic collaboration among 30-50 Coalition members and affiliates that streamlines amplifies and creates more favorable conditions for the work each organization is doing to restructure teaching roles